Monday, February 19, 2007

THIS IS THE HOME WE'VE BEEN CALLING YOU TO

(resulting from Pat Allen's extraordinary offering at the first ever HOLISTIC APPROACHES TO ARTS EDUCATION conference at JFKU)

a black form torn from
wholeness
a hand outstretched with my
little piece of yes
an active bit of movement
finally
legs running
TOWARD MY JOY!
i am she she is me coming
from my darkness
i claim her
torn joy
and
T R A N S F O R M
i raise my tentative hand
higher and higher toward
ability
toward possibility
toward peace
carved from pieces of
myself
i see her, she, *it*, and
finally me
and when i want to
i tear the stitches
from my open heart
and begin
again to
think my
yes yes yes
crowned again
with yes
begin
this knowing
of the dark parts
of my happy self
offering chalkboard
witness
to that which
i must continue
to do
be
move through
i keep showing up
with raised hand and
extended bits of
yellow yes
i bring my valentine
into being
to try
again and again
to run
to stand
to move
to see
to allow
to continue
to be

yes

with the invitation
to dialogue i see

begin again
keep showing up
try again and again
run toward
your exalted yes

it is your royalty
your legacy
your heritage
all impulses and
synapses and
histories of
herstorys
before you
sit with
you in
this classroom
YOU have been
given your
birthright

THIS IS THE
HOME WE'VE
BEEN CALLING
YOU TO

keep showing up
the chalkboard
miracles are on their way

and you 2
and you 2
and you 2
and you 2
and you 2
and you 2
YES!
Still
Yes.
always YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
when you want to
it's okay to
try again and
again
again
YES!

and from that thing
that is your
empty center of
connection--
the vessel and
chords through
which you
have been
nourished
and passed
know--
we will meet
you there--

we will always
call you home
(for dinner)

No comments: